Monday, May 24, 2010

Stay at home Mom

On most days my job title would be a "stay-at-home-mom" on others days I am off working some odd job. You just never know with me. I like learning new things. The other day I heard Zach describe me to someone at the tavern...he said: "don't just give Jen fish, teach her to fish." I liked that. He is right. I enjoy learning new things and figuring things out. If someone else can go to the pond and bring home dinner, I can go to the pond and bring home dinner! I want to learn.

Over a year ago I applied for the Post Master Relief position at the Post office in Merom. I figured I had to do it...there are only a handful of jobs in tihs town and i just couldn't pass this one up. Even though i was pregnant with my third son at the time I interviewed for the position... i just had to get my foot in the door. I got the job - I have been working every Saturday morning since for 3 hours. I also fill in whenever the postmaster needs off.

On Thursday my boss called me for a temporary position at the Fairbanks post office to be Officer in Charge. The postmaster has been out of the office on medical leave...and again I just couldn't pass it up. So I've scheduled babysitters and went to work! I am running this post office about 15 minutes north of my house. and although i will miss my kids while i am at work during the day i still know in the back of my head that it is just temporary and then i get to go back to being a stay-at-home mom/marykay lady/pie baker/waitress! You see I know that if I put in my time now filling in where I can that eventually it will pay off for me if I ever want to go full time with the postal service.

It's all about the Back-up-plan. I think there needs to be something on the back burner - just in case. I guess I am one of those people who just can't sit still...I like to be involved & doing something, whatever it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment